keskiviikko 29. syyskuuta 2010

Can you feel the storms coming?

I'd feel silly writing about Tampere. First of all, Laura's current hometown is so unbearably hip and cool and whatnot. My little town just doesn't compare :D Secondly, I spent half of my time in Helsinki anyway. Old habits die hard, eh?

In any case... Tampere and it's awesome residents treat me well. Due to some resent changes in my personal life I've been wanting to spend a lot of time just by myself this week. Just to figure some things out and to adjust better. I noticed that I wasn't really getting anything done for school and.. it's hard to admit.. spending ANY time in my own flat. A change was apparently welcome. It's been very relaxing to spend the evenings just chilling in my own company and getting things done. I've discovered a very productive side in myself that hadn't been there for a long time.

Of course there are also downsides to this. Channelling all the productivity and proactiviness to schoolwork and keeping the flat in prime condition, I'm only eating baby food and fruits since I can't be bothered to cook for myself. I'm so fucking lazy I was forced to throw out a half-empty package of ham, since apparently even making sandwiches is too much.

From a social point view, working in Helsinki does provide a good opportunity to catch up with my loved ones and dear friends every weekend, but at the same time I'm missing out on the Tampere scene and University parties. It feels like a good arrangement at the moment, but at some point I'm probably have to settle down someplace. Whether it be Tampere, Helsinki or Hong Kong... (oh yea, fyi, I'm applying to a bunch of Universities abroad).

Shit, I do tend to go on. Enough with all this already, check out these tunes:

Disphunktional Mixtape by disphunktional

my neighbors love me for blasting this:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti